You probably know all the benefits of walking dogs, but walking your cat? Not likely!
(But it’s not impossible – if your cat loves walks, we’d love to see it!)
In any case, cats do their own exercise routine and don’t require a daily walk. Here are our tips for maintaining your cathlete’s fitness.
From general health questions to urgent concerns, use the Petzey app to talk or video chat with a licensed vet professional to get answers in minutes. If a trip to the vet clinic or hospital is needed, we’ll help find ones near you.
Benefits of Feline Fitness
- Practice feline fitness inside your home using toys and hide and seek games to reduce obesity.
- Feed a palatable and reduced-fat diet and challenge your cat to play to increase energy levels.
- Increase blood flow through the body and oxygenate all the body organs including the brain, heart, and lungs, liver, kidneys, intestines, etc.
- Having two or more cats is a great way to stimulate activity for indoor cats!
- Things to remember:
- Cats can overheat so be careful when engaged in strenuous activity.
- Feed quality, well balanced, low-fat diets specific for cats.
- Play with and entertain your cat multiple times throughout the day to avoid mischievous activity to fill any void.
- Have your cat evaluated regularly by a licensed veterinarian to avoid any hidden health concerns and maintain a proactive approach when it comes to your cat’s health.
Use the Petzey app today to contact a Petzey veterinary professional to discuss exercise tips for your cat – weight and diet info is a standard part of our wellness check program!
No question for your pet is too big or too small for our veterinary professionals. Give your pet a wellness check today!